Tuesday, November 9, 2010

G is for....

Grommets.  Yes, grommets.  Did you even know that we carry grommets in the store?  We do.  I don't think too many people know what to do with them.  But that is why we at Quilter's Haven are here.  To give you ideas.  We are pretty good at it.  Anka's Treasures makes an adorable tote called the Bella Bag, it uses grommets.
 Another pattern that I ran across is Wallet & Grommet from Maple Island Quilts.  I think I laughed to myself for about....two minutes.  Wallet and Grommets......Wallace and Gromit.......okay moving on.

A few years back I had the hankering to make a shower curtain.  I used some of the large grommets we carry in the store.  SO CUTE!  I am very happy with it.  I don't have a picture of mine (I used laminated fabric, but you can use cotton just make sure you have a liner), but I found a picture online that gives you the same idea.
They wouldn't even have to be shower curtains.  Any kind of curtain would be cute with grommets.  The grommets are so easy to use too.
Ginger snaps.  Oh man do I love ginger snaps. It is such a cold snowy day.  I think you need to make ginger snaps and hot chocolate (awesome hot chocolate recipes here, they even have ginger hot chocolate)  and watch some Wallace and Gromit.  :)

OH MY GOSH! I almost forgot, again.  We have the winner of last week's giveaway!  We put in all the entries into the random number generator and found a winner.  Congratulations Melissa! You should be getting an email soon giving you the details!  Keep reading because we are going to have another giveaway this week!  Get excited.

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited I won the giveaway! Thank you so much!! I'll call the shop or swing by ASAP. :)

    ReplyDelete