Monday, October 25, 2010

Meet Me Monday - Linda

Welcome to Meet Me Monday, Linda style!


How long have you worked at Quilter's Haven?
2 1/2 years

What days do you typically work?
Monday & Thursday afternoons

Favorite color:
Blues, all shades & hues

Favorite dessert:
Flan... mmm yum!

Favorite fabric line in the shop right now:
Jo Morton's awesome darks


What/who got you into quilting or sewing?
I started sewing in my teens and mostly made clothes. I made my first quilt when I was in my early 20's as a lady in our church group taught a little mini quilting class. That project turned out to be a baby quilt which my 1st daughter used. I took a break from quilting as life became hectic as my husband and I raised our children. Now that my husband and I are nearly empty nesters, my love for quilting has returned.

Sewing project you are most proud of:
When it comes to quilting, I'm most proud when my corners and points are right on... I'm quite anal about that and sometimes almost wear the fabric out before it's perfect!
Share an embarrassing or funny story that happened at work:
Probably bumping into the mannequin wearing the apron and saying "excuse me" as I turned around... that's happened more than once!

No comments:

Post a Comment