Monday, October 18, 2010

Meet Me Monday- Diane

This week, we're going to get up close and personal with Diane!
How long have you worked at Quilter's Haven?

7 years

What days do you typically work?

Tuesdays and Wednesdays


Favorite color:

Green-yellow-red-orange- only one?

Favorite dessert:

Chocolate covered everything!


Favorite fabric line in the shop right now:

Anything Joe Morton

What/who got you into quilting or sewing?

Started sewing in Junior High then in 2002 my theme was "Try something new!" so I tried quilting. Wow! Fell in love and now I can't stop.


Sewing project you are most proud of:

My Kim Diehl-Idaho Farm Girl quilt. It has 282 pieces in it, very small pieces. I finished it in two weeks!


Share an embarrassing or funny story that happened at work:

One day Teri Christopherson of Black Mountain quilts came into the shop. I've made almost every quilt she has designed and love them. Joni (The boss-woman extraordinaire) introduced me and I started praising her telling her all the quilts I've made. Then I ran around to her, dropped to my knees, and hugged her leg telling her how much I love her! Yeah, embarrassing, funny, no problem. I'm just glad Joni didn't fire me!


And because Diane is awesome, she added some bonus extra questions she wanted to answer:

What is your favorite method of quilting?

Piecing! The more, the smaller, the merrier!


What is your favorite notion?

Rulers! I own just about every ruler and If you think of a unique one, tell me!


Who is your favorite designer?

Kim Deihl; Carrie Nelson of Miss Rosie's Quilts.


No comments:

Post a Comment