Monday, October 11, 2010

Meet Me Monday- Jan

We are going to be starting something new here on the Quilter's Haven blog... Meet Me Monday! Each Monday we will be featuring a new employee. You're going to get to know all about us, one by one. Next time you're in, say hi!

To kick it all off... Everyone, give a nice, warm "Hello" to Jan!

How long have you worked at Quilter's Haven?
Seven years

What days do you typically work?
Tuesdays and Wednesdays

Favorite color:
Navy Blue and Red
Favorite dessert:
Anything with sugar in it.

(Editor's note... Name that movie: "You like sugar, don't you?" "Does syrup have sugar in it?" "Yesssss..." "Then YES!")

Favorite fabric line in the shop right now:
I LOVE dark rich colors. Especially Jo Morton fabric and those yummy wool squares.

What/who got you into quilting or sewing?
I've always loved and collected fabric but didn't know why until my dear friend Diane (who also works here!) introduced me to quilting. That's what you do with fabric! Diane also introduced me to my other love- cross-stitch. A big shout-out to my friend! Thank you!

Sewing project you are most proud of:
I'm pretty much thrilled when I can finish anything. But the quilts I make to give to someone special are the ones I'm proud of.

Share an embarrassing or funny story that happened at work:
There are so many my brain blocks them out, but I do remember those sweet, tender moments at the shop. The dear mother purchasing fabric to make a t-shirt remembrance quilt for her seven year old son who passed away a year ago. A young mom buying fabric to line the casket of her miscarried newborn. A woman bringing in an unfinished quilt her mother started before she passed away & saying she can hear her mother's voice telling her to finish it. Another woman that bought a pattern and was weeping when she saw it because it reminded her of her mom who she just lost. Grandmothers, mothers, and daughters working together on a wedding or baby quilt. Yes, fabric can heal broken hearts, sooth tender feelings, bind us together as families and create memories. Buy some fabric today. It'll make you feel good!


"This is my favorite picture of myself. In my 3-arm dress (come in and ask Jan about that dress!) dolphin pin, and blue cat-eye glasses. I am at my peak of style here! It's only gone down hill since then."

No comments:

Post a Comment