Wednesday, December 8, 2010

R is for....

Ric Rac!  That was an easy one to guess.  Ric rac made be the greatest discovery since Little Debbie Ho Ho's.  There are so many different kinds of ric rac too.
Jumbo, regular, mini, Moda hand-dyed, and velvet are what we have.  The hand-dyed comes in Christmas colors: eggnog and walnut.
*There are SO many adorable things to make with ric rac.  Here are some free patterns for quilts and little girly skirts using ric rac.
*Check out this tutorial for a ric rac flowers.  They are SO cute.  I'm not gonna lie though, I think it kinda looks like a cabbage.
*This car seat tent using ric rac between the layers. This is one of our most popular patterns.
*I am going to throw in some bonus things for you.  More trims
*Pom pom trims.  OH MY GOODNESS.  I live for pom pom trim.  I think I would put it on everything I made if I could.  We carry all the sizes that Riley Blake makes.  Check them out here.
*We also carry crochet trim (adorable), ribbon, and elastic ribbon.
*We have tulle by the yard.  It is on spools, not bolts like Joann's.  It is perfect for skirts, bags, quilts, pillows, and wrapping gifts.
*New to Quilter's Haven.....satin pleated trim.  Oh my beautiful!  This is new from Moda and it comes in pink, cream, blue, and brown.  Just BEAUTIFUL!  I can't find a picture, so you will just need to come in and look and feel it.

Today's recipe is from Paula Deen and Food Network (again).  They have the 12 days of cookies happening right now.  Check it out.  I am particularly interesting in these Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies.

My Goodness!  I almost forgot again!  We have the winner of our journal cover kit!!  Congratulations HEATHER!!!  Come into the store and pick up your kit!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'm so excited -- I never win anything! Thanks so much! I will be in on Friday. I'm going to try the cookies too.

    ReplyDelete