Friday, May 27, 2016

Spring Quilt Market 2016 Recap

What a great time we had at Spring Quilt Market in Salt Lake City, UT.  This is our hometown, so we couldn't miss the opportunity to attend Market this year






I'm sure you've seen your share of  #springquiltmarket pics on Instagram, like this "#quilt with love" display, but what a great way to describe why we all quilt and what this whole quilting journey it's all about after all.




Of course I took pics of my favorites, but here are some things you may not have seen from every other shop owner and pattern designer out there...



The Lawn Diamonds Quilt made out of Cotton + Steel made by Sarah Schraw Designs.  Pattern available on her etsy site (click HERE for link)



These darling projects are from Birch Fabrics "Tall Tales" by Arleen Hillyer.  I don't know what it is about the Jackalope print, but I absolutely Love it!  It is available in cotton, knit, and double gauze.



This beautiful quilt was in the Andover Fabrics booth.  Although I can't tell you exactly which fabrics it's made of, (I'm guessing Sun Prints 2016 by Allison Glass) I know the pattern is called Eclipse 2.0 by MSM Designs, and it's machine quilted by the amazing Mindy Powell.  (click HERE for link)


This is a fun quilt made with Riley Blake Crayola Color Me Cottons.  There is even a darling Fat Quarter box available in the Crayola Cottons...how cute is that!!!

This quilt was seriously one of my favorites at market!  It's a Sue Daley Design, and made out of Backyard Roses by Nadra Ridgeway, and that diagonal black stripe is perfect.  I absolutely love this quilt and it will be going on my Bucket List for sure!


Sew Kind of Wonderful is always a show favorite.  I love their quick curve ruler and all three of these new quilt patterns are amazing!

Next up are some of my favorite designers from Free Spirit Fabrics.  This darling umbrella is made out of Amy Butler's newest fabric line "Eternal Sunshine" and it's fabulous!




"Mod Corsage" by Anna Maria Horner is another great line from one of my favorite designers.
 Photo cred to Hawthorne Threads for the fabric images. 


 And last up for today is the infamous Tula Pink!!!  Her booth was sooooo busy that this is the best picture I could get of her and her booth.  We went back several times and there was always a huge crowd...so this is an obstructed peek at her new quilt design from her "Slow and Steady" fabric line.  I know there is a better pic out there of this darling lady, Queen Tula, but I couldn't get one so go and check out her feed @tulapink on Instagram for more inspiration...

I was able to snap a pic of this amazing "Set Sail" quilt by Julie Herman of Jaybird quilts.  Another must make from Slow and Steady! (click HERE for link)

and how seriously cute are Tula Pink's new fabrics!!!  I absolutely love the top print called clear skies.  I can't wait to make something wonderful with this line of fabric!  Watch for Slow and Steady by Free Spirit Fabrics to be released very soon!




Check back in the next few days for more Quilt Market inspiration!  I will have more pics from Barbara Jones, Emily Herrick, Art Gallery, and all the adorable cuteness from the Moda designers. Thanks for stopping by and please leave any comments below of what your favorite things from Spring Quilt Market are and what you would like to see from us in the future.



Happy Quilting!
~ Joni and my adorable market side-kick and quilt model,  Lindsey!
 






No comments:

Post a Comment